Friday, January 17, 2014


My Struggles & How I Overcame Them

I had a struggle when I was in Primary 6 as I knew I had to take the first national examination in my Studying life which is the Primary School Leaving Examination or PSLE.

I was very worried all my school examinations and of course the National Examination ( PSLE ), as I was very weak in both Mathematics and Science, which I knew would pull my aggregate score down. During the CA1 or Continual Assessment 1, I failed my Mathematics and Science. After seeing the scores on my examination scripts, I was very depressed and disappointed. After I left my classroom with all my examination scripts on my hand, I was in deep thought about how I could improve on my weak areas, and so I thought the only way was to work very hard until the Primary School Leaving Examination.

And so during my Semestral Assessment 1, I scored a 52 for my mathematics but at the same time failed my English and science, which then I was motivated to work even harder for the rest for the exams. The Prelimimary Examinations came in a blink of an eye, and still I failed my Mathematics .

So in the end, I just work as hard as I can for the rest of the weeks & days until the arrival of the Primary School Leaving Examinations. I was very nervous but until the end of all the papers I still pulled through and did the papers without pressure. And soon after the collection of the Primary School Leaving Examination results arrived, I was nervous and excited at the same time and so when it was my turn to go and collect my results, I calmly told myself, I have done my best so let just let whatever my results be be. When I saw my score, I was thrilled although I did not score 200 and above but 192 was already the best that I have achieved this year since we calculated the estimation of our Primary School Leaving Examination aggregates. And also when I saw my grades, I was happy, as I managed to pass my mathematics with a ‘B’ and Science with a ‘C’, and most get an ‘A’ for Chinese.

So that was my struggles and how I overcame them. Thank you for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment